Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Trying to relax / Reiki

mood: trying to calm down

music: The Two Trees (again - I need tranquility)


Beloved, gaze in thine own heart,
The holy tree is growing there;
From joy the holy branches start,
And all the trembling flowers they bear.
Remembering all that shaken hair,
And how the winged sandals dart.
Thine eyes grow full of tender care:
Beloved, gaze in thine own heart.


We are both extremely nervous and can't concentrate on one thing. Greg is driving me nearly insane because he switches from one music to another, playing with his ball now for more than half an hour - bounce, bounce, bounce ...

"Stop it, please!" I shouted at him. He immediately stopped and looked at me totally puzzled. "What?" he asked, "This bouncing - you are driving me insane!", he looked on the floor and mumbled "Sorry...". I really couldn't avoid laughing - this made him saying "GOD, you are moking! This was just a joke, wasn't it?!" He raised from the chair and hobbled around.

I watched him for a few seconds, shaking my head and sighing - he turned at me "Tell me!", I gave him a warm smile "Honey, try to calm down a bit!", he looked at the ceiling "But I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan't!!!"

I stood up and embraced him from behind "Sssh, darling! Just let us try some relaxing techniques, okay?", he leaned against my chest "Now? I don't think I ...", I placed a soft kiss on his neck "What about some Reiki?"

He turned around "Huh?", I caressed his cheek "Reiki, it is an old Japanese healing method." Gregory raised an eyebrow "Rats! You know such crap?! I thought you are a doctor!" Once again I gently stroke his cheek "Sure I am, but I thought some alternative healing methods could be interesting as well. So I made some classes." Another enquiring look "Uuh?! And you think it could help to calm down a bit?", I shrugged "We can just try it..."

Greg sighed deeply "Fine then, what do I have to do?", I guided him to the bed "Just lay down, close your eyes and relax." His eyes popped open "That is all? Geesh, what a fantastic way of healing" he said ironically.
I removed my shoes "Lay down!", he finally obeyed. "Close you eyes!", Greg hesitated first "C'mon close your eyes!" I said with a more soften voice - he closed his eyes and I started giving him some Reiki.

Five minutes later his breathing was relaxed and I carried on giving him Reiki. It also calmed me down - and half an hour later we were both very calm. I had to wake him up, as he fell asleep.

We are now going to prepare us - and are a bit calmer now.

For all who don't know what Reiki is:

Reiki healing energy over any distance. Reiki is a healing therapy in which practitioners channel universal energy ('Rei' and 'Ki' being Japanese words for 'Universal' and 'Energy'), either through their hands, or using distant healing techniques. Reiki is a powerful healing art rediscovered by Dr. Mikao Usui. Reiki is for everyone including animals! It has healing benefits at all levels; physical, emotional and spiritual and is an excellent adjunct therapy to traditional and complementary medical care. Reiki is a completely natural healing method, accelerating the body, mind and spirit’s healing process. Through Reiki healing sessions, a sense of balance, purpose and spirituality is naturally restored. Reiki healing energy over any distance.

2 comments:

Julia Brooklyn said...

Chinese Medicine is pretty interesting and effective!

Dr. James Wilson said...

Japanese as well ;)