Sunday, November 12, 2006

Feelings ...

What is love, if not a feeling that supports us when we are about to fall ...
What is hope, if not a feeling that gives us the strength to carry on with what we are doing ...
What is pain, if not a feeling that helps us to discover who we really are ...
What is yearning, if not a feeling that enables us to hope and to dream ...
What is misery, if not a feeling that let us hope for better times ...
What is lust, if not a feeling that let us feel what we have never expected to become real ...
What is mourning, if not a feeling that makes us deaf and mute ...
What if the feelings we are carrying in us only make us to what we are?
What if we cannot see which feelings are the right ones?
Who are we then? Are we only string puppets of our feelings? Are we only the image of an ideal - or are we just ... what we are?
Where will it lead us? To desperation? To salvation? Or will it mislead us?
What leads us if not our feeling - the feeling that controls us and let us act ...
Mere thoughts - there are so many in my head at the moment. I am so often sitting here, sighing and thinking ...
Yes, my life is changing - and I like changes but they also bring thoughts ...
I often find myself sitting over a book, staring at the letters and seeing nothing at all. Laying in bed, staring at the ceiling - closing my eyes to find a rest ... and dreaming me away to another place.

Why am I feeling so unsecure at your side?
Why am I not standing here, smiling full of pride?

I look into your eyes and all I see,
is the image, the reflection of me.

Where is your soul longing for me?
Why isn't it the same it used to be?

Sighing and staring in the darkness I am,
I feel the end is nearing - I am no longer your man.

There is a longing I cannot understand,
it makes me crying and droping my hand.

Isn't there anyone out there, resembling me?
Filling the gap in my soul - how it is meant to be?

I close my eyes and dream me away,
letting my mind loose - thoughts are going astray.

Somewhere you are - somewhere out there in the world ...
Somewhen I will find you, somehow it is all foretold.

I wander through time and space,
my feets stumble, I am looking up and see your face.

Your eyes find mine - they are shining like stars in the night,
our souls entangle - no more struggle, no more fight.

I finally found you, found the love that is all so true,
I open my eyes and and I am dreaming of you.
It was written by me ... quite a while ago.
Like it - or drop it ... they are my feelings, my thoughts ... my longing.

5 comments:

Dr. Gregory House said...

I'm...well...
I'm a bit scared, hun...

Dr. James Wilson said...

Nothing to do with you, darling ...

It is all perfect!

I've written it quite a while ago - when I was married with Susan.

Dr. James Wilson said...

Don't you like it?

Dr. Gregory House said...

Of course I do.
Didn't I tell you so?

Dr. James Wilson said...

No you didn't