Thursday, November 23, 2006

OMG - It is Thanksgiving

We were just having breakfast and enjoyed being lazy. I am in a cuddly-wuddly mood today, Greg would say - it is very hard for me not to cuddle him the whole time.

Isn't it childish?

I was sipping my coffee and looking at Greg, who buttered his toast. "Is there something special we've planned for today?" I asked him. "I don't know. Honey is empty, so we could try...", "Nah, I didn't mean that!" I interrupted and smiled. He just shrugged and bit off a piece of toast, "Fhat day if it?", he asked.

"Ehm, must be Thursday, 23rd November. I have the feeling we've forgotten something." I replied and furrowed my brow. "Hmmm, let me see it is end of November, 'till X-mas there are still some weeks left", Greg said and then his eyes popped open and his toast dropped on the plate. "What?", "Oh my fucking god! It is Thanksgiving!" he hissed.

"Nooooo, this can't be ... this would mean our parents..." I stopped talking and my thoughts were rummaging in my head. "Oh my god, Greg, you are right!" I whispered and we looked at each other with a shocked expression.

"Did you...?" I asked him. Greg negated "You...?", I shook my head as well and we both had to swallow hard.

I stood up and walked to and fro in the kitchen, Gregory's eyes followed my steps, "So what will we do now? They will be in Princeton..." I checked my watch "in about five hours and we won't be at home." Gregory leaned back in his chair "We could ask Foreman to pin a note at the door 'House-Wilson moved to Europe!' or so?".

I raised an eyebrow, "No good idea! Think about something else ...", I said and combed with my fingers through my hair. "Oh, you look so cute when doing this" he said with a smile. Well I couldn't hide a grin but then looked serious again "C'mon, just think!"

He popped out a Vicodin and swallowed it down with some coffee. "There are a few possibilities, first: We could move to Europe!" I rolled my eyes towards heaven, "Second: We could pretend having an emergency case in the hospital. What would mean we have to go there as well. Bad idea!", I nodded. "Third: We could tell them the truth, that we have totally forgotten and got married without telling them!", he grinned devilishly "Bad idea! Very bad one!", I exclaimed.
"Or fourth: What about flying to Hawaii?" and he gave me a warm smile.

"All of them won't work they will find and kill us, I am pretty sure of that!" I sighed and gnawed on my lower lip. "Well there would be another option though..." I said and gave him a shy side glance.
"No, don't look at me like that. I know I'll hate your idea." he said and pointed a finger at me. I approached and bent down, looking him straight in the eyes "We could invite them to come here...", his chair was pushed back and he stood up. "I knew I'd hate it! This is our retreat, I... I don't want them here."

This was when Greg's mobile rang, he answered it without having a look at the display "Yes? It's Dr. Wilson! With whom do I have the pleasure of speaking? Quick! Confess!"
I smiled at him and shook my head. "Uh....hi, Mom!" Greg said and stared at me. My smile turned into a broad grin. Hell has finally found us ...

15 comments:

Dr. Gregory House said...

When do we have to start with that monster turkey?

Dr. James Wilson said...

As soon as possible ...

Dr. Gregory House said...

GOD!
This turkey looks obscene.

Dr. James Wilson said...

It is just a turkey - with all the stuffing and the bondaged limbs ...

Wanna have a Sherry?

Dr. Gregory House said...

Yes please.
Sorry for falling asleep...

Dr. Gregory House said...

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry....
I found your journal and...had my revenge...
If you want me to delete it pleeeze tell me....

Julia Brooklyn said...

Revenge... awful word!

Dr. James Wilson said...

Damage is already done! You are UNBELIEVABLE!

Dr. Gregory House said...

Maybe nobody read it...
Shall I delete it right now?

Dr. James Wilson said...

Some have read it already ... I've got some mails!

Dr. Gregory House said...

You...got some mails?
Show me please.
We could say thety're lying - if I delete it now...

Dr. James Wilson said...

I'll do so...

Anonymous said...

Dr. Wilson, hi!
After your nice comment in my journal, I thought, I'd drop by...

Please, accept my most heart-felt felicitations on your marriage.
As I am not good at well wishing, let me just whole-heartedly agree with the ones you already received, on your wedding day.

(I hope, the meeting-the-parents part went well... ^-^'')


May you and your beloved inspire people like me for a long time to come!

All my best!

Sincerely
SOrion

Dr. James Wilson said...

Dear Sorion,

aaaww this was heartmelting! Thank you so much for your wishes!

We are alone now - I was just about to write a new entry - but Greg is distracting me a bit.

So just be patient.

Looking forward to read more from you!

Yours,
James

Dr. Gregory House said...

This is awfully nice...
Gosh...it's really sweet from you.

Okay, hun...I'll stop distracting you..