Friday, November 10, 2006

The stolen child ...

We are currently hearing Loreena McKennit's Stolen Child .... another poem of Yeats.

Do you know that song? It is a wonderful piece of music ...


Where dips the rocky highland
Of Sleuth Wood in the lake,
There lies a leafy island
Where flapping herons wake
The drowsy water-rats;
There we've hid our faery vats,
Full of berries
And of reddest stolen cherries.
Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can
understand.

Where the wave of moonlight glosses
The dim grey sands with light,
Far off by furthest Rosses
We foot it all the night,
Weaving olden dances,
Mingling hands and mingling glances
Till the moon has taken flight;
To and fro we leap
And chase the frothy bubbles,
While the world is full of troubles
And is anxious in its sleep.
Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can
understand.

Where the wandering water gushes
From the hills above Glen-Car,
In pools among the rushes
That scarce could bathe a star,
We seek for slumbering trout
And whispering in their ears
Give them unquiet dreams;
Leaning softly out
From ferns that drop their tears
Over the young streams.
Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can
understand.

Away with us he's going,
The solemn-eyed:
He'll hear no more the lowing
Of the calves on the warm hillside
Or the kettle on the hob
Sing peace into his breast,
Or see the brown mice bob
Round and round the oatmeal-chest.
For he comes, the human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
From a world more full of weeping than he can
understand.
Having some days off isn't that bad though - although my wound still hurts like hell.
Did I tell you we thought to have seen Allenby yesterday evening? We've been at the little grocery around the corner to buy some stuff for dinner (sweetcorn and strouse) that was when Grey remained standing still ... and said "Is he Mike Mayers?" I turned around and looked outside and pushed Gregory behind the shelves.
Oh my God, he is really looking like Allenby. I peered around the shelf and found out that this man was followed by some teens and he had no bruise in the face, like Allenby had. So I turned to Greg "That is not Allenby!" He looked surprised "Poor guy, he just looks like him". We heard that man entering and this was followed by a "Mr. Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant"
Gregory snickered and said "Lets pay before the yellow press is arriving!" I grinned and we paid and made our way back home. Really creepy he looks like Allenby though.
This has, of course, caused our celeb discussion... Greg looks funny imitating that Hilton girl and this stupid actor bouncing on sofas in talk shows, because he is soooo happy being with his girly.
I will get me some more coffee and perhaps think about what I could write next. I am in a writers mood today ...

6 comments:

Dr. Gregory House said...

What about..hm....our second day at the congress? ;)
I'll get us some bagles and when I'm back I'll write about my conversation with Foreman...

Dr. James Wilson said...

Geesh I didn't expect a Spanish inquisition!

The second day ... do you think all readers are mature and intersted in it?

Dr. Gregory House said...

Mature?
Do they have to be?
If they're not interested, they'll skip it.

Julia Brooklyn said...

I'm in Univerity now and your blog is a great distraction!

Dr. James Wilson said...

Makes me glad it is!

But don't forget learning ...

Julia Brooklyn said...

Oh no I really learned too much the last days... My head aches. :( I just need my break.