Thursday, November 09, 2006

Shakespeare...

You can see I am in a poetry mood this evening ... switched from Yeats to Shakespeare and are also reading some good poetry in Deviant Art.

Candle is still lit & I am still enjoying tea. I am listening to that Jesse Spencer song Cameron stated in her blog ... weird he sounds like Chase. As far as I know he is a down under boy as well ... I like that accent and by the way he has a nice tenor.

Greg is sitting on the sofa, reading poetry as well - he grabbed my Yeats book though - accompanied by a pint of Blacksheep. I can see the Oban bottle standing there as well, so he might perhaps switch to it afterwards.

When I look into his eyes, I have to think again about our weird discussion concerning reincarnations. Really strange thoughts ...

I better carry on reading this:

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed,
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature's changing course untrimmed;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wander'st in his shade
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st.
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Sonnet 18, William Shakespeare


Tomorrow evening Greg will meet with Chase - to thank him. I think I will switch on the TiVo then and relax on the sofa ...

Could watch Blackadder or Monty Python's Spanish inquisition ... "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" - TADAAAAA

Geesh, I could laugh my ass off ...Check it out!


17 comments:

Dr. Gregory House said...

You stole my favorite sketch. *grin*
Just imagine me in that silly red robe jumping out of nowhere. Ta-daaaa!

Dr. James Wilson said...

What about buying you a nice night dress in that color?

*giggling*

Dr. Gregory House said...

I have red yammies...this should suffice, hm?

Dr. James Wilson said...

Yeah, we could try it ... you could poke me with that soooft cushion!

Dr. Gregory House said...

I could poke you with some other things...

Dr. James Wilson said...

That cane is too hard ...

Dr. Gregory House said...

I'm not talking about my cane...
My chief weapon is surprise....
So beware.

Anonymous said...

I like it!
Could watch it again and again.

Dr. James Wilson said...

Do as you please!

I like that good old English humor. I am sometimes a bit ill-minded though ...

Anonymous said...

So am I!
It's English humour at it's best.

Dr. James Wilson said...

Perfectly right! Gawd, I think I have to change my pants now.

And I could have a Blacksheep ... - do you know that excellent drink?

Anonymous said...

You know Black Sheep?
I thought it only was available at Masham and Santa Monica.

Dr. James Wilson said...

Why the heck can you buy Black Sheep in Santa Monica? We drank some Friday night though ... followed by a nice single malt.

Santa Monica - how unstylish ...

Anonymous said...

They seem to import it, you know.
You can go there, buy it, take it home and drink it at home.
Followed by a nice single malt if you want. Oban, Glenfiddich and so on.
Fridays are good for such things.

And what the heck does unstylish mean?

Dr. James Wilson said...

It is too warm in Santa Monica ... okay if you have to be there for work, it is fine and can't be changed.

Fridays are good for it ... you are right. And I checked the Importer - good to know that I could buy some Black Sheep there - if I would live there.

So I could guess you are living in CA?

Anonymous said...

You guessed that right.
Off now to work, sorry.

Dr. James Wilson said...

Half past six? That is early ... or is it half past seven *trying to check the clock*

Uhm - I am also a bit tired.

Have a nice working day!