Monday, November 13, 2006

Interviews ...

The first impression you gain is always essential. It doesn’t matter if it is virtual or in real … Here for example in the internet – you often don’t know the people you are writing to, but you always get a first impression of them. Okay it is easy to lie or to play a role, but the writing is still a first impression.

Let’s transfer this to the real life … the first thirty seconds are important. This is the time counting – you exchange glances, shake hands – and you have your first impression. I think I could say that I am an understanding person and I always examine the persons in front of me very carefully.

What interests me the most – are their eyes. How is their look, is it firm? Is it inquiring? Unsteady? Of course, you always have to take into account the circumstances as well but it gives you a clue.

What am I talking about? I am talking about interviews …

The first applicant was a man. His knock at the door was very shy and I first didn’t recognize it, the second knock was a bit louder and I just said “Come in”. And there he was … I just had to held myself back not to laugh – he looked like Danny DeVito and had such fishy-like eyes. His handshake was wet and weak and I couldn’t avoid thinking of koi carps. I wont quote our conversation as it was more than boring, he spoke so slowly I nearly fell asleep.

No I really – honestly – couldn’t work with him …

Gregory joined the second interview I had with a woman. Do you know that Reese Witherspoon movie, where she is an attorney – Yes? Ok, do you remember her girlfriend, the one working at the nail studio – Yes? Fine! Now you know how she looked like and her behaviour as well.

Her eyes nearly popped out when she first saw me and she dropped several things. Only to reveal some enormous … you know what! Greg just came in when she bend down to pick up her block. “Uh, is this right here? Plastic surgery?” and he stared at her butt. I could hide my laughter with a cough though – but when she got up again and looked at him, he backed and said “It must be the plastic surgery”. She looked puzzled “No…no…ehm…”

How could she have passed the university? It was funny though … don’t urge me to quote that conversation, please! Greg was at his best … and we just had to flee to the stairways after that interview and collapsed on the stairs laughing our asses off.

These were our highlights – the one from San Francisco I liked. We will see …

5 comments:

Dr. Gregory House said...

I knew you liked her...

Dr. James Wilson said...

So? She is smart, her reputation is excellent and she is handsome.

Dr. Gregory House said...

It's your choice - not mine.

Dr. James Wilson said...

And who would be your choice?

Dr. Gregory House said...

None of them so far.