Saturday, November 11, 2006

Byron and other distractions...

Lord Byron:

My Soul is Dark

My soul is dark - Oh! quickly string
The harp I yet can brook to hear;
And let thy gentle fingers fling
Its melting murmurs o'er mine ear.
If in this heart a hope be dear,
That sound shall charm it forth again:
If in these eyes there lurk a tear,
'Twill flow, and cease to burn my brain.

But bid the strain be wild and deep,
Nor let thy notes of joy be first:
I tell thee, minstrel, I must weep,
Or else this heavy heart will burst;
For it hath been by sorrow nursed,
And ached in sleepless silence, long;
And now 'tis doomed to know the worst,
And break at once - or yield to song.


Some don't like Byron though - but I do like some of his poems. This one here is so bitter-sweet ... don't you agree?

Gregory was also looking so damn sweet and sexy on the sofa ... I just couldn't resist stimulating him a bit.

It was - lets say - very interesting!

2 comments:

Dr. Gregory House said...

Interesting....You use that word out of context sometimes...

Dr. James Wilson said...

Sometimes ...