Thursday, November 09, 2006

Reading poems

Listening to: I cried for you - Katie Melua

Reading: Yeats

My love, we will go, we will go, I and you,
And away in the woods we will scatter the dew;
And the salmon behold, and the ousel too,
My love, we will hear, I and you, we will hear,
The calling afar of the doe and the deer.
And the bird in the branches will cry for us clear,
And the cuckoo unseen in his festival mood;
And death, oh my fair one, will never come near
In the bosoom afar of the fragrant wood.


I am just sitting here, reading Yeats and drinking tea. A candle is lit and I am enjoying this absolutely gorgeous evening ...

Greg and I watched CSI Las Vegas before and afterwards we mocked on some celebrities - geesh I was laughing my ass off. I really can't understand some people ... would I be a celebrity - so what?! Am I something better than other people? No I am not ... I am just what I am - a normal person doing my job.

Some of these so called celebs behave like idiots! It is just a job they are doing - some better ... some not.

And what about that beauty thing? Botox here, Botox there - why? Are they so afraid, that some wrinkles would destroy their "acting"? Aren't those little wrinkles and faults what make us special?

I have some favorite actors though ... but still they are just normal persons. Would I meet them while shopping or going out ... I wouldnt act foolish and ask them for some "signatures on little papers" - do they want my signature? Hey, I am doing my job well!

I am really glad that I am no celeb ...

The peacock
What's riches to him
That has made a great peacock
With the pride of his eye?
The wind-beaten, stone-grey,
And desolate Three Rock
Would nourish his whim.
Live he or die
amid wet rocks and heather,
His ghost will be gay
Adding feather to feather
For the pride of his eye.


Both poems are written by Yeats ... he is/was great!

7 comments:

Dr. Gregory House said...

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaames!!!
Could you give me an autograph?
Pleeeeeeeze!
You're my favorite oncologist!

Dr. James Wilson said...

Wanna sell it at ebay then?

Dr. Gregory House said...

Wanna keep it to me!

Dr. James Wilson said...

Fine then ... where do you want it to? Will you throw underwear at me? Or some cuddly-wuddly teddy bears?

I dont need to have botoxed my lips, do I?

Dr. Gregory House said...

No...stay as you are.
I'm planning to throw my boxers at you...

Dr. James Wilson said...

That sounds good ... right after coffee? What do you think?

Dr. Gregory House said...

My chief weapon is...
Ah, cut it off...