Monday, November 13, 2006

How is your ...

mood: high spirits


Half an hour ago I got an email "Ta-Daaaaaaaa! Nobody expects...Dr. House!(Or was that the Spanish Inquisition?) Honey-toast, how's your tushy?" I had to grin and just wrote back "Well good your are wearing your red shirt today. Damn, I have to think of the cushions and the comfy chair now. You are distracting!"

A minute later I got the response "Gooooooooooooooooood - Will you come to my office?" - "In a minute" I answered. Still smiling I made my way to his office and entered. "Close the curtains, will you?" he asked without looking up. I obeyed, "And don't forget to lock the door" Greg said and his eyes were still focused on the screen.

"What's in your little evil mind?" I asked and locked the door. He finally looked up with an enchanting smile on his face "Lunch!" he said and put some sandwiches and two big caramel macchiatti on the desk. "Hmmmmmmmmmm! Can you read my mind? I was starving ..." I replied and approached. He stood up, "Let us sit in the comfyyyyyyyyyyy chairs". I had to grin and grabbed the two coffees, stepped back and carefully sat down. Gregory took the sandwiches and sat down as well.

We exchanged coffee and sandwich "Oh, tuna sandwich. You can actually read my mind. That is creepy!" I unpacked the sandwich and gave him a warm side glance. He opened the wrapping of his sandwich and then took a snack, still chewing he waved with the sandwich "You know, yourf if better", "Hm?" - he swallowed and repeated "Your Reuben sandwiches are better". I smiled back "Thank you".

While eating I asked him about his clinic hours and he told me about it - not without giving sarastical statements concerning the patients. How did he call that man again with the hordeolum stye? Whiny the chicken? Geesh, it was funny ...

After we had finished our lunch he leaned over and said with a smile "Some cream and honey for dessert?" I chocked on the coffee "Greg!", I exclaimed. He just shrugged "What? It was a simple question...", I shook my head "Sure, b..." "Fine" he interrupted me and fumbled at my belt - this was when somebody knocked at the door.

"We ignore it" he whispered and tried to continue, I pushed his hand back "Greg, don't!" I replied and closed the belt again. The knocking became more obtrusive and we both sighed, Greg stood up and opened the door "What the heck is going on?! Can't we even have an undisturbed lunch break? We are hard working doctors you know?", I could hear a female voice stumbling "Sorry, Dr. House ... but ehm... is Dr. Wilson here?" He looked inside "No! Why should he be here? Does it look like a lounge?", I sighed and stood up, looked around the corner "What is going on?"

Dr. Reid was standing there and she looked shocked "Ehm... Dr. Wilson ...ehm, Dr. Cuddy sent me to remind you that you have an interview in a few minutes", she then turned around and hurried away. Gregory turned around "Why did you spoil it? She would have believed me ...", I brushed my eyebrows "Yes, but I really have to go now", I answered and shrugged. Greg muttered a swear-word, closed the door and grabbed my collar "But first I need this" he whispered and kissed me deeply. I returned the kiss with passion and we were both standing there panting and trying to catch breath again.

I cleared my throat "Fine, I ... we can discuss that later." Then I went out of his office and returned to mine. The candidate for Allenby's position will be here in a minute ...

15 comments:

Dr. Gregory House said...

I'm still scheming what to do with Dr. Reid...

Dr. James Wilson said...

That candidate was a shmoe ...

Waiting for the next one now. It is a she

Julia Brooklyn said...

Oh no I'm sorry for you.

Dr. Gregory House said...

I'm on tenterhooks...

Dr. James Wilson said...

Wanna join?

Dr. Gregory House said...

Um...yes!

Julia Brooklyn said...

The only thing I can say... Allenby's follower will be better than him!

Dr. Gregory House said...

He's a good oncologist, though.

Dr. James Wilson said...

Yes he is. What do you think about that doctor from San Francisco? She makes a good impression...

Dr. Gregory House said...

Let's wait and see the others...

Julia Brooklyn said...

Good luck! How long do you have to work today?

Dr. Gregory House said...

There are still 3 interviews this afternoon.

Julia Brooklyn said...

Oh. And then? Will you go home?

Dr. James Wilson said...

Do you need a MSN talk?

We will go home - yes! After I talked to Cuddy!

Julia Brooklyn said...

Yes I do! When I'm ready with homework, I'll be online there!