Friday, December 15, 2006

Fishy ... a belated Honeymoon present

mood: tired and having a cold

music: Tori Amos - A Sorta Fairytale


We are back home ... I think I already mentioned that, didn't I?

I am at work currently but can't concentrate on the files. I am sitting here coughing, having a sore throat and feeling shitty. But I don't want to lament on my health or sickness - or whatever (this comes later).

No I just want to tell you what happened yesterday evening. We came back from Baltimore and Greg was not too annoying during the ride back home. Just some babbling "How long? ... I have to pee... Can we have a stop here?" I am getting used to it by now and I've found a good method to silence him. Okaaaay - I have to admit that our road trip back home lasted a bit longer than usual - as he urged me to stop ehm... two times.

After we came back home and checked the fridge we decided that we would have to buy some food - emptyness was greeting us.
Well I got a short message on my mobile in just the moment we wanted to leave the apartment again. It was from Dr. Danby who asked me if it would be possible to come to the PPTH as he needs my advice in a certain case. I showed the messsage Greg and he sighed "Can't they solve their probs on their own?"

"I think I should go now. What about this, you stay here and make yourself comfortable and I'll rush to the clinic and buy some stuff on my way back home."
Greg smiled "Do you think so?"
I nodded "Sure you don't have to come with me. I'll be back in two hours or so."
"Okay then and take care" Gregory said and placed a kiss on my forehead.
"Sure I will" I replied and headed to the clinic.

The problem was solved soon (no need to bore you with medical stuff) and I decided to visit Chase. He looks really shitty and he sounds awkward. I stayed with him for about half an hour and then went shopping.

Back home - Greg was sitting on the sofa talking with Chase via MSN and guessing what disease he might have - I had to grin when I saw him sitting there. I made my way into the kitchen and placed the food on the table.

"Hey hun'" Greg greeted me and embraced me from behind.
"Hey darling" I said and just enjoyed his embrace. "Let me prepare some things for a nice and cosy evening, will you?"
He placed a kiss on my neck, "Sure I will. Do you need help?" he asked and his hand slipped under my jumper.
"No" I giggled, "I don't need a helping hand right now."
Greg sighed "What a pity!" and slightly sucked my earlobe.

"Greg" I murmured.
"Mhmmmmmm" but he didn't stop and opened my belt instead. "I missed you. I really missed you." he whispered and turned me around.
I smiled at him and caressed his cheek "Missed you as well. But let me just prepare something to eat, I am hungry."
He brushed a strand of hair out of my face and nodded "Fine then."

So I prepared some red wine (Rioja Gran Reserva), French bread, cheese and some olives, enlightend some candles and turned on the hi-fi ... the sweet voice of Tori Amos filled the room. We nestled on the sofa and had a wonderful nice evening and night.

This morning I woke up by Gregs voice "Happy Chanukkah, darling!"
"I am tired, I have a headache ... wanna sleep" I mumbled and felt really shity. My throat felt like I've eaten some sand.
I pulled the blanket over my head and turned around but Greg pulled it back. "There was a present standing in front of our door. Open it ..."

I straightened up and brushed the sleep out of my eyes "Huh?"
"Here a present" and he showed me a big blue parcel.
"From you?" I asked and looked puzzled.
Gregory shook his head "No but there is a card."

I took the card and opened it "Dear Jimmy and Cripple! Here is my belated present for your wedding. Take care of it! Geinen"
"It is from Geinen" I said and handed the card to Greg. He snorted when he read it.
"Cripple, huh? That little bumfluff!"
I grinned and opened the parcel. I looked to Gregory and frowned.
"Well ... it was either damn cold or this is a mean joke!"
Greg tried to peek in the box "What? Show me!"

I pulled out a bowl and we both stared at the content.
Greg started to giggle and errupted soon in laughter. I shook my head and grinned.
"Well, this is ... perhaps it will be alive again..."
Greg gasped for breath and held his belly "Geez, I can't breath ..." he said between laughters.

I shook the glass slightly but for sure the content remaind frozen...
"Now I have my dead goldfish for Christmas" I said dryly and burst out with laughter.

The frozen goldfish stared at us with a slightly opened mouth and we both couldn't take our eyes of it.

"Let's name him, Henry!" Greg giggled.
"Henry?" I asked and wiped away some tears of laughter.
He nodded "Yeah, he looks like an old professor I once had."
I giggled and knocked on the glass with my finger tip "Hello Henry!"

Perhaps I should call Daniel soon and thank him for the goldfish - and well ... I should mention that it wasn't that clever to place it in front of the door in a fricken cold night.

No comments: