I have little time - just about to leave for Hemingway's. While checking some blog I found that Elleth (a reader: http://elleth.blogspot.com/) has stated her DA wishlist on her blog.
Good idea - so watch out here it comes:
Make a post in your journal/blog. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a XYZ icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real-life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Surf around your friends list (or friends friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1) Publish: I really want to have my writings published. Not only here or on DA – as I already do so. No a real publishing … all my poetry stuff in a book. This is one big wish.
2) Black Sheep!
3) Flying to California with Greg – next year. Meet some people we both know – gaaawd it would be so great!
4) A digital camera - I love making photos and my analog mirror reflex is good but I’d love to have a digital camera.
5) Just a little hug by and then and some friendly words I think it is very important sometimes.
6) A flight to California (see therefore Wish 3)
7) More persons reading my (our) blog(s). Yeah I know this could come true … I would be very pleased if so.
8) I wish that all things foretold will come true. You don’t have to understand that – some people will … and well it is a wish.
9) A candle lit for all the wishes to come true. Show me that candle …I will post it here!
10) A nice poem from all of you – it can be fiction, non-fiction, poetry – I don’t care. Just show me your feelings, your thoughts … your longings!
Should you want to grant me a wish - here is my contact address - my e-mail : email@example.com
Copy and paste this in your journal/blog if you want, I'll do what I can to make your wishes come true.